mrsjaffe14

Just another Edublogs.org weblog

Welcome Back!

on March 5, 2017

I hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing, rejuvenating vacation! The weather was certainly confusing, right? I was grateful that I could squeeze in a few days of cross-country skiing in Vermont before the “heat wave” melted it all away. I am not putting my shovels away yet, though; you never know when we’ll wake up to a March or even April snow storm!

When we returned to school this week, fifth graders opened the Fox Hill Post Office. This month-long, school-wide, letter-writing program is run by fifth graders. My homeroom students are the first fifth grade class to kick off the opening of the Post Office, and they were very excited about it! This is a wonderful opportunity for our fifth graders to model responsibility, cooperation, and leadership. If you find yourself in the building during the next month, feel free to write your child a letter. There is a “Visitor Mail Center” set up on the lobby of the building, and family members are welcome to participate in the letter-writing program.

I hope you will take a few minutes to read my updates to each blog page. As always, feel free to contact me by phone (781.238.5684) or e-mail (jaffe@bpsk12.org). In the meantime, count down to March 20, the first day of spring.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Jaffe