mrsjaffe14

Just another Edublogs.org weblog

Online Instructional Resources

Throughout the year, your child will have occasion to access online resources that either accompany or supplement in-class instruction. In some instances, like math, your child can complete an electronic version of the math homework remotely. In other cases, online games and activities reinforce what your child is learning in school. With the exception of the enVision math program, all online resources are housed in Clever, a single sign-on portal, that grants access to all applications. Clever may require your child to sign on with his/her google email address and password. 

MATHEMATICS:

1. enVision math 2020 Digital Assignments:

Our Pearson enVision math program is synced with google classroom. Therefore, nightly homework, individually assigned videos, or other digital resources, are accessed through students’ google math classroom. The assignments appear on the face of the math “folder.” Once students click on the assignment, they are rerouted to the Pearson website and may complete and submit their assignments from the Pearson site.2.ST Math

2. ST Math

ST Math is a visual math program that builds a deep conceptual understanding of math through rigorous learning and creative problem solving. Students play ST Math games as part of daily math lessons, but sometimes I may assign ST for homework. ST Math can be accessed through Clever. 

ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS:

3. Newsela

Newsela is an instructional content platform that contains thousands of high-interest articles in all academic areas. Newsela articles are used in class for guided reading instruction and to support learning in science and social studies. Newsela can be accessed through Clever. 

4. Qwertytown

A web-based keyboarding application, Qwertytown teaches typing and online communication skills. It develops good typing habits (no more hunting a pecking!) and teaches proper email etiquette. Qwertytown can be accessed through Clever.

5. Seesaw:

Seesaw is an application that allows you to see and hear your child’s work and receive announcements from teachers. It stores work in a digital portfolio and even provides you a way to comment on your child’s work. Seesaw can be accessed through Clever.

4 Responses to “Online Instructional Resources”

1. Lori Vienneau says:

Mrs. Jaffe, I’m sorry if I missed this instruction; but, is there a way for me to subscribe to this blog such that I’ll receive notifications when you update it? If there isn’t such functionality, or you’re just unsure, don’t worry about it. I’ll try to get into the habit of looking. It’s just that, as parents, we can have many blogs to follow. Thank you.

2. jamiejaffe says:

I sent you an invitation to subscribe at the beginning of the year. You may not have known what it was at the time. You only have seven days to accept the invitation, and then it expires. So, I just resent the invitation. Let me know that you received it.
    Best,
    Mrs. Jaffe

3. Lori Vienneau says:

OK, all set now. It was in my spam box. Thank you!

4. jamiejaffe says:

Great!