mrsjaffe14

Just another Edublogs.org weblog

IMPORTANT UPDATES

on June 5, 2020

Dear Families:

I wanted to share a couple of important things for next week:

1. There will be no morning meeting on Monday, June 8 because I will be at Fox Hill all day packing up our classroom. Also, I will not hold my usual “office hours” for kids from 2:00-3:00. Because I am retiring, I have to clear out all the contents of my room, so there is a possibility I may take one additional day next week to complete the task, but if I do I will let you know that after Monday.

2. I am asking kids to complete one final writing assignment. It is a personal reflection about how the quarantine and remote learning has affected them, affected their families, and impacted on their feelings about school. The reflection will be assigned on Monday, and they have all week to complete it. All Burlington fifth graders are completing a similar assignment. Students must write at least one fully developed paragraph, but they may certainly write more than that. They are being provided with questions to focus their response.

Because the assignment involves reflecting on how the quarantine has impacted families, I encourage you to talk with your kids about the assignment. I also think that your involvement may give them the push they need to get through this last week of “regular” work and daily Choice Boards. For your information, here is a link to the assignment and the guidelines for writing.

Thanks for all your support!

Best,

Mrs. Jaffe