mrsjaffe14

Just another Edublogs.org weblog

Finish Line!

on June 12, 2020

Dear Families:

“Finish line” was the password for today’s morning meeting, and it certainly feels like we have arrived there! All students finished their PSA, and we shared the final ones in today’s meeting. Just a handful of students have yet to share with me their personal reflection, and then the formal part of teaching and learning will be at an end. WOW! Not quite the finish I expected, but we made it.

At today’s morning meeting, we talked about what we wanted the last week of school to look like. I wanted to share some information so you know what will be different.

1. Morning meetings will be at 10:00 instead of 9:30. There will be a morning meeting on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, June 15, 16, and 18. The last day of school — June 19 — will be a GRADE-LEVEL morning meeting/Wall of Fame, but the fifth grade teachers have not decided on a time for that meeting.

2. There will be no more Daily Choice Boards from me posted in Google Classroom. Students have a fun assignment to work on next week — a Memory Book — but this is not something there are expected to submit to me. Students can continue to access any links to activities they’d like to do on their own by going to the remote learning page of the district web site

3. School iPads, power cords, chargers, etc. must be returned to Marshall Simonds Middle School on:

• Monday, June 22 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. OR
  • Wednesday, June 24 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

I will keep you posted on where at the middle school you need to go to return the devices and accessories.

4. Information about summer technology resources can be found here, including information about summer Choice Boards for your child.

5. Last by certainly not least, I look forward to seeing you at next week’s Grade 5 Grab & Go Celebration on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17 anytime between Noon-2:00 p.m. There I will shower you and your children with virtual hugs and congratulations, a “diploma,” and a bag of remembrances! 

Until then, have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. Jaffe