mrsjaffe14

Just another Edublogs.org weblog

Wednesday Greeting!

on March 25, 2020

Hello Families!

I wanted to let you know about a couple of changes/additions I made to this blog to make finding resources easier for you and to encourage communication with your kids. 

I added two new pages to the blog which you will find on the right side of this page. The first new page is called Distance Learning Resources. You will find all of the resources I have sent you since the school closure; they are arranged by academic area and include live links.

There are three new links on this page. One link is for the math game Math Playground (this has always been listed at the bottom of the home page) because I hear from kids and parents that they really enjoy it.

Another link under Writing/Vocabulary is for Freerice. This has also been available at the bottom of my blog page. Freerice is a vocabulary development game. When you open the link, you may think that the game is set at a pretty low level, but you can adjust the difficulty in the menu bar at the top left of the screen.

The last link is to the new Fox Hill Reading Room blog which also includes resources for kids.

The second new blog page is called Book Reviews — Here’s What We’ve Read! I’m inviting your kids to write a book review of any book they’ve finished, and I’ll post the review on the blog page. They can do this by filling out the Google form that is linked at the top of the blog page. I started with a review of a book that I finished last week, just to get things rolling!

Finally, please remind your kids to comment on the blog so we can hear from each other!! They can add a comment at the bottom of this post. Also, encourage your child to post a book review by completing the Google form!

All my best,

Mrs. Jaffe